Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Missing a key member of Team Thomas

Whew! I don't know WHERE the time went!!! Things have been SO crazy around here, and not in a good way.  :(  Jacob was supposed to deploy for 7-9 months, then came home from work one day only to find out that the cruise had been postponed. Did I mention that it was less than 48 hours before he was supposed to leave?!?  :(  And the crazy thing was, I found out before HE did!!! Arrrg. Frustrating.

Then we played the "hurry up and wait" game for a long time, each day not sure if he'd come home to say "I'm leaving on ______." The not knowing was the hard part.

So we worked hard to not think about the huge elephant in the corner named TRUMAN CRUISE. Sigh. Easier said than done. We did projects, we worked on the house, we scrapbooked. Ok, maybe the last part was me.  ;) And then it was time.

I'm rambling saying all of this to say...

 
After many tears...
 
At 12:24 AM on Monday morning...

We said goodbye for 7-9 months.
 
We're planning for 9 but hoping for 7. I don't know what it's like to be on dry land while he's gone. I've done the cruise. WE'VE done many cruises as boyfriend and girlfriend. Last time, I was the one to leave. We'd been married 10 months, and I left my newlywed hubby and a house we'd lived in 6 weeks. This time it's his turn. Only he's leaving a wife, and a sweet little boy who loves his Dada.
 
We will make it. I know we will. We have a LOT of people praying for us, and help just a phone call, or walk across the street, away.
 
OK. On to happy things!..  : } 
 
So I'm going to play catch up with this blog. I have been SUPER busy- we've had Jacob's mother visit, we made a spur of the moment visit to TN, we've done lots of DIY projects (check out my Pintrest boards!), and my little man is currently getting spoiled 100% rotten by Mom and Papa in TN.   :)  My house is testosterone-free!!!  ;) So bear with me. I've got to find my footing as a single Mama/Wife/Sailor who's keeping the home fires burning and the care packages shipping!!!  :)
 
*Ashley 

1 comment:

  1. It's so, so good to "hear your voice" again! What a whirlwind. I'm so glad Samuel is getting some grandparent time. That is SWEET for all of them. We ARE praying for you and Jacob, Ashley. - Asking God to make Himself known in every situation. We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete