Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fun Friday

We started off our weekend with a BLAST! The first class petty officer association (at my command) threw a cookout on Friday afternoon. I was looking forward to it, but had no idea how much FUN we would have!!!  :) Our FCPOA President, Marvin, held it at his house. He's married with kids, and has the perfect backyard! There were toys for the kids, cold drinks, food on the grill, a trampoline, and even s'mores!  :)

In a matter of minutes, Samuel had found a truck. And had his shoes off!  :)
(Kathi did the girls' hair at daycare; Samuel needed a new do too!)

Our association President, his wife Diane, and others

Our Vice-President, Jim

Marvin's daughter, Callie, adopted Samuel and played with him the whole time! It was great for me!!

Samuel and Callie, dancing up a storm!

Getting spoiled by Emily and Tim on the trampoline

Getting the royal treatment by Callie
 
*****
 
On Saturday, Samuel and I just hung out at home. I stayed up WAY too late on Friday night, so I didn't want to go anywhere. While I worked on a gift for a friend on my craft table, Samuel created a reading nest UNDER the table.

Books, blankets, and juice- what more could a boy want?!?

Relaxing on Sunday
 
My beautiful boy
 
I'm ready to start the week. We have stuff planned for the next 3 weekends in a row. The weeks go by quickly, but the weekends seem to drag. It's hard to believe that Jacob has ONLY been gone 3 weeks.  :(  Usually, this is about the time that he comes back. It was good to talk to him when they were in France, but I don't know when I'll hear his voice again....
 
On to Monday!!
 
*Ashley
 
P.S. And Jacob, if you can read this, the cookout would have been 1,000 times better with you by my side!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. It look like you two had a great time. I'm so glad! :)

    ReplyDelete